You only get one chance to make a first impression, make it count.
To cast the best light on your home for buyers, please do the following.
Preparing the outside of your home:
- Remove all vehicles and bikes from the driveway and do not park directly in front of the house (ask neighbors for their assistance).
- Move garbage cans out of sight. Beware of trash day and please schedule around it.
- Remove all garden tools, hoses and sprinklers. (Turn off timed sprinklers during shoot).
- During warmer months, have lawn mowed (clippings bagged) within two days of shoot.
- Sweep driveways, sidewalks and patios.
- Tidy up deck and patio furniture, remove grill cover & open patio umbrella.
Preparing the inside of your home:
- Raise or fully open all blinds and shades to let in light.
- Clear off counter tops in kitchen and bathrooms as well as remove small rugs & mats.
- Remove photos, notes, papers and magnets from the refrigerator and hanging dishtowels.
- Set the dining room table, using placemats, dishes, candles, etc.
- Turn on all interior lights and replace all burnt out light bulbs.
- De-clutter rooms which may be excessively furnished, straighten furniture pillows and put away toys.
- Remove piles of newspapers & magazines.
- Hide remote controls. Turn off ceiling fans.
- Make all beds and tidy bedrooms.
- Straighten pillows & comforters, hide laundry hampers.
- Tuck wastebaskets out of view in a closet or cupboard as well as diaper pails.
- Pets should be out of sight for the photo shoot. Remove all their dishes, cages, toys, beds, & litter boxes.
- Schedule your photo shoot on days other than trash pick-up days.
- Take a quick browse through your home as if you are the potential buyer – remove anything, including personal items that may cause a distraction.
NOTE: If you have special features of your home, please let me know so I can include them in the shoot.
Remember, photos are the first showing of your home and you want to be sure that these photos make a good first impression. The sale of your home depends on it!
Please know that it is my goal to provide you with the very best images for marketing your property. While I never want to cause an inconvenience, it is often necessary to be in the house for up to an hour to meet that goal. I will be photographing both the inside and outside of the home. I typically do not photograph the garage or basement unless there are special features to highlight. I look forward to capturing the best view of your home.
Peter Meo . 978-273-7774 . email@example.com . petermeophotography.com